Why am I blogging a trip to Poland?

For over 20 years I've been working on a Family Tree, tracing the BETEL family back to the late 1700s.

Traveling to Berlin and then Poland was a life changing experience. I hope you take the time to read through the stories and see the many images included.
Michael



Friday, March 18, 2011

Finding the Right Tour Company

Ok getting closer!  After a lot of online searching I thought of TripAdvisor! I found Krakow Tours (ok not the most original name) who are rated #2 of 15 Tour companies in Krakow.  Hey, who's #1?  I can't seem to identify them using the site.

Anyway, I've requested the Auschwitz, Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine 1 day tour for April 6th.  This looks like a really full day starting at 8:00am and returning to the hotel at 6:30pm. Yikes!!!!  The price seems amazing at 185 PLN, which is like $65USD... I'm thinking it must be a small group versus an individual tour which is fine.

Here's the write up from their site: http://www.krakowtours.co.uk/sightseeing.html

"It may sound like a lot to fit into 1 day, but we make it extremely comfortable for you. An 8.00am collection from your hotel gets you to Auschwitz well before 10.00am so you can visit at your own pace without having to join a large guided group, you can watch the DVD 'The liberation of Auschwitz' during the journey, saving time at the museum. When you're ready we'll travel the short distance to Birkenhau, where again you can visit at your own pace. Then, if required, you can enjoy one of our packed lunches on the journey to the Wieliczka Salt Mine where you'll join an English speaking guide for the tour. Finally returning to your hotel for approximately 6.30pm."

Stay tuned as I plan the remaining days of my quickly approaching trip.  I may use the same company for a walking tour of Krakow....waiting to hear back from them with more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment