Why am I blogging a trip to Poland?

For over 20 years I've been working on a Family Tree, tracing the BETEL family back to the late 1700s.

Traveling to Berlin and then Poland was a life changing experience. I hope you take the time to read through the stories and see the many images included.
Michael



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Setting up the tours

Ever try to find a tour group using Google? OMG there are literally hundreds that pop up.  Who can you trust? I emailed one very professional looking company and they want $600 USD for a one day private tour.

Does this sound like a lot to you? It does to me....

I did get a referral for my trip last year, but communication has been...well...sporadic at best.  When the volcano hit last year, this guy never responded to me when I wrote that I had to cancel because I couldn't get to Krakow, Poland.  Later he responded saying he ended up driving stranded travelers to London - and he never told me. Had I actually made it there, he wouldn't have even been there.

I've emailed the Jewish Centre in Poland, the Toronto chapter of the Jewish Genealogical Society, and even tried writing to colleagues at my company working in Poland.
My trip is in 19 days!!!  Between now and then I have 10 days of work related travel!
Lots to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment