Why am I blogging a trip to Poland?

For over 20 years I've been working on a Family Tree, tracing the BETEL family back to the late 1700s.

Traveling to Berlin and then Poland was a life changing experience. I hope you take the time to read through the stories and see the many images included.
Michael



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a Small World After All

Last week I emailed my colleagues at Roche in Poland and I just received an amazing offer. My counterpart, who lives in Warsaw, Anna Karska-SzymaƄska, who is a Business Unit Manager, has offered to take us personally on April 5th to Szydlow, Potok and Rakow, which are all in the Kielce Province. My Grandfather was born in Szydlow, and my Grandmother was born in Potok and lived in Rakow.

What a great opportunity to have a local person show us around and see what life is really like.

This IS a small small world!

1 comment:

  1. My bubbie was also born in Potok. I envy you your journey. Thank you for sharing this adventure.

    ReplyDelete